Once upon a time, in a land far away called Texas, a young girl named Kayla believed that she could knit a blanket. Unlike crocheting a blanket, knitting a blanket takes a really long time! After months of knitting, Kayla had a beautiful, knitted scarf (for the blanket was supposed to have stripes), no blanket, and a basketful of different shades of purple yarn.
Why am I telling this cautionary tale of an overzealous knitter? Because chances are you also have a basket full of gorgeous yet unused yarn sitting in a corner. I perused the internet, the blogs, the tutorials, and am proud to present my nine favorite crafting tutorials for all your extra yarn.
- Easy Yarn Wall Art DIY by A Beautiful Mess
- Pastel Tassel Beach Bag by I Spy DIY
- Cotton Yarn Wall Hanging by I Spy DIY
- Cozy Pom Pom Pillow by A Kailo Chic Life
- Tufted Pouch Decorated with Pom Poms by Blog Remoblia
Translated from Spanish
- Pom Pom Rug by Make & Do Crew
- Tasseled Bag Charm with Quick Mini Pom Pom by Decorators Notebook Blog
- Easiest Summer Bracelets Ever! by Happy Girly Crafty
- DIY Ombre Tassel Necklace by Homemade Banana
These would also be super fun as earrings!
I hope this collection of tutorials has inspired you to give your leftover yarn new purpose! When you’re finished, post your projects below!