It has always been my opinion that a colorful garland makes a party! Following this train of thought, I set out to create a post with my 5 favorite garlands. Some use a sewing machine, some a use a Cricut, and others just use good ‘ole, trusty scissors. Go crazy making these fun and colorful garlands in every shape, color, and way you can think of!
1. How-To: Easy Sewn Paper Garlands by Evermine
2. DIY Tropical Garland by Studio DIY (comes with a nice template to use with a Cricut)
3. DIY: Confetti System Inspired Tissue Paper Tassel Garland by Linen, Lace, and Love
Note: You could use the Martha Stewart Fringe Cutter tool or the We R Memory Keepers DIY Party Fringe & Score Board to save yourself some time.
4. DIY Pom Pom Garland by Pikadilly Charm
Some fun color combinations:
- Mint, yellow, and peach
- Mint, turquoise, white, mustard yellow, and light pink
- Monochromatic! Different shades of the same color
Visit this tutorial from Flax and Twine to learn how to make pom-poms in bulk.
5. DIY Paper Geode Garland by Lia Griffith
Which garland will you make? Check in next week for a Kalmari + Co original tutorial all about garlands and bunting!