The perfect accessory to add a little color to your life! This unicorn piñata makes a great accent, from party decorations to a little spice to your desk at work. Eight simple steps will help you make this craft from start to finish.
- 1 Page of 12×12 White card stock
- Gift tissue paper cut into long strips, 1 inch tall, and fringed
- White paper
- Gold paper or this, both work!
- your choice of colors for the mane and tail.
- Gold washi tape, OR gold paint
- Glue stick
- Small piece of black paper (for the eyes)
- Cricut and Cricut supplies
- If you do not have a Cricut, print this template out on 11×8.5 card stock and cut!
Step 1: Head on over to Cricut Design Space and cut out the piñata template.
Step 2: Using your glue stick, construct the piñata.
Step 3: Attach the fringe, starting from the bottom. Below you can see for the body, I added two rows of white, one row of gold, followed by two rows of white.
Step 4: Create the horn: Take the horn and wrap it with your washi tape (or paint with gold paint). Glue to the head.
Step 5: Continue adding fringe until the whole body in covered.
Step 6: Create the Mane: Cut a 2 inch by 2 inch square of your colorful paper for the mane. Follow the chart below.
Step 7: Cut 2 inch by 3-inch squares from the colored tissue paper. Cut fringe. Glue the tops together and roll. Twist the very top of the tissue papers together, then add glue and glue into the tail hole.
Step 8: Glue on the eyes and enjoy!